This website https://tso.kortext.com is managed by The Stationery Office Limited (“TSO”) having its registered office address at 1-5 Poland St, Soho, London, W1F 8PR.
Our opening hours are 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
“Site” or “Website” means: https://tso.kortext.com
‘Services” means the provision of the content such as publications, worksheets, courseware, video, audio, online course and/or the taught course and/or the course materials as agreed when purchased by you through TSO Ltd or a Third-party.
“Resources” means the contact such as publications, worksheets, courseware, video, audio, online course as accessed through the Site.
“Third-party” means the company who provided you with access such as but not limited to, a training organisation, your employer, an authorised reseller. “Terms and Conditions of Sale” is found https://www.tsoshop.co.uk/TSO-Shop-Help-Pages/TSO-Shop-Terms-and-Conditions
“You” and “Your” means the Named User or the organisation or individual that has purchased the Subscription on behalf of the Named User.
“Named User” shall mean the sole person that shall have access to the Publication via the Account.
“Us” or “We” or “Our” means TSO and/or The Stationery Office Limited.
“Period” length of time Account is accessible to You as agreed at point of supply.
“Expiry Date” as agreed at time of supply.
“Consumer” means an individual purchasing a Service for purposes which are wholly or mainly related to that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession.
“Account” means the online account on the Site for which the Named User will have a username and password in order to access the Publication.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
1.2. Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our Site. When using our Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
INFORMATION ABOUT SITE
2. This Site, www.tso.kortext.com, is managed by The Stationery Office Limited. TSO is registered in England and Wales under company number 03049649 with its registered office at 1-5 Poland St, Soho, London W1F 8PR. TSO’ VAT number is GB662774703.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
4. We may update our Site from time to time and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
5. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
6. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
7. Where access is provided to Third-Party software on or off the Site there may be independent terms and conditions for these services which must be agreed to before use.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
8. We shall grant to You, the Named User, the non-exclusive and non-transferable right to access the Services through Your Account solely in accordance with these Terms.
9. You, the Named User, must only use the Services for Your own internal business purposes unless you are a Consumer in which case You must use the Services only for domestic and private use;
9.You, the Named User, shall not permit any third party to use the Services nor can You use the Services on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party in any way whatsoever;
10. A username, password or any other piece of information, which is provided as part of our security procedures, must be treated as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. We also recommend that you log out of your account once you have completed your transaction or enquiry especially if you are using a shared computer.
12. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. The access Period for your Resources provisioned may vary. The access Period for each Resource will be informed upon purchase, whether this be by you when purchasing from TSO Ltd or via a third party on your behalf.
14.Except as expressly permitted by these Terms, or as required by law, You undertake:
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
15. We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
16. You may have an allotted allowance for printing and copying extracts of any Resources for your personal use and you should retain all copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained on or in relation to the materials included in that Resource.
17. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any Resources you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text without prior permission from TSO Ltd.
18. You are only granted a limited right to access the Digital Content in accordance with this Agreement. All title to, ownership of and all copyright and other proprietary rights in the Services and the Digital Content shall at all times remain vested in TSO Ltd, its Licensors and the publishers and rights holders of the Digital Content as applicable. Your use of our Services does not give you any ownership rights in any part of the Service or for the avoidance of doubt the Digital Content. You agree not to delete or in any manner alter the copyright notices, trademarks, logos or related notices, or other proprietary rights notices of TSO Ltd and its suppliers and Licensors appearing on or within the Services or on or within any Digital Content.
19. You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes, whether for re-selling or re-use, without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. Excerpts from the Resource can be obtained under licence for reuse through TSO Ltd, its Licensors or publishers.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
21. The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site.
22. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the Resources on our Site are accurate, complete, up-to-date, of satisfactory quality, fit for a particular purpose or in respect of non-infringement of title.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABLITY
24. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
25. We will not be liable to You, any third party and/or any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
26. If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable to You and/or any third party for any of the following:
27. If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
28. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
29. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Users link to any linked Sites at their own risk.
30. We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
31. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
32. You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
33. We will use our reasonable endeavours to warrant that the Site, Resources and Site and Your access to it through Your Account will not infringe any third-party intellectual property rights.
34. You acknowledge and agree that:
35. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Services, Resources and the Site are virus-free.
36. We do not warrant that the Resources, Services or the Site will meet Your requirements, be fit for any particular purpose or that the operation of the Publication will be uninterrupted or error-free.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
37. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
38. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
39. You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
40. Our Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
41. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
42. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
43. If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
44. Where our Site contains links to other sites and Resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or Resources.
47. The trade marks, logos, names and images displayed on this website are the registered or unregistered trademarks of The Stationery Office, its licensors and Publishers. Nothing in this website should be taken as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trade mark displayed on such website without the prior written approval of The Stationery Office or such third party as may own the relevant trade mark.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
48. This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and use under which you may access our Site. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Site.
49. Your use of our Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms and conditions of use.
50. You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use our Site:
51. We may provide interactive services on our Site. We will take all reasonable steps to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service in light of those risks. However we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Site and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderate or not.
52. Where we do moderate any interactive services, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT
53. We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this policy or misuse of our Site. Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy, which we will determine in our discretion, constitutes a material breach of the terms and conditions of use upon which you are permitted to use our Site. We may:
54. We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We may also cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this policy.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
55. We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Site.
56. All data from the Site is stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act and best Internet practices and we will not pass your details on to any other organisation without your consent.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL AND MAINTENANCE
58. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of Our obligations under these Terms that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
59. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond Our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
60. If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of Our obligations under these Terms:
61. We may have to carry out maintenance to the Site, Services and/or Resources from time to time to deal with technical problems or to make improvements which may restrict Your access to Your Account. We will contact You to let You know in advance where this occurs, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.